Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolutions For 2012

2011 is finally over. New Years Eve is one of my absolute favourite days of the year. Not only because I get away with wearing sparkly dresses, black and smokey eyeshadows, and silver nails, but also because the beginning of a new year is like a clean slate. A new year is the perfect time to forget all that you regret, forgive those who have done wrong, and appreciate the moments you wish had never ended.

I also love making my list of resolutions that I will religiously follow throughout the upcoming year. This year, like all others, I've put together my list of new year resolutions. They may not be wild and glamorous, and they may not be hard to accomplish. No, not at all. They are realistic, and that's they way I like it. I've always preferred my resolutions to be realistic, because I what's the point of making resolutions if you're not going to follow them?

I will not go to sleep without completing my skincare routine.
This might seem simple, but I have to admit that when I get home from a late night out, I'd rather go directly to bed. Waking up with yesterdays makeup on, dry skin, and chapped lips, is never fun. No, I need my beloved facial cleansers and moisturizers, and I need my serums and lip butters.

I will eat healthy.
I know this is probably on every resolution list out there, but I still felt the need to add it to mine. "I will only eat unhealthy foods during either the weekends or on special occasions." I'll also eat healthy on an everyday basis, and work out several times a week.

I will take life less seriously, and enjoy as many moments as possible.
No explanation needed?

I will watch less TV, and read more books.
Yes, you heard me. This year I'm trading some of my favourite tv-shows for litterature and knowledge. Good thing I got a Kindle for Christmas.


Those are my main resolutions for the new year, and hopefully I'll be able to stick to all three.
I do have some other small ones, but none that are worth mentioning here.
What are your resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment